Reusing Poll Questions
FLUX is built for sharing and reusing questions. Below are the three most common cases you may come across.
Using Poll Questions over Multiple Groups/Streams
If you have multiple lecture streams or multiple student groups, you can look at creating participant groups to keep responses from these groups separate. To do this from the Unit screen you can:
- Click the blue "Participants" button.
- Click the pink "+" button in the top right corner.
- Provide a name for your group (e.g. Friday 2pm).
Note the pink code. This code is unique to this group and can be used by participants to join this group and participate in session you run with them.
Once you have two or more participant groups, FLUX will ask you which group you'd like to run the session with before you start.
Reusing all Polls in a Unit
If you're looking to reuse all the polls in a Unit between deliveries (e.g. between Semesters 1 and 2), you can look at Unit "Cloning". This will copy all of your activities over to a new Unit without any of the response data. You can do this from the Unit screen by:
- Clicking the Unit name.
- Clicking "Clone" from the drop down menu.
This will copy all of the poll questions (without the responses) into a new Unit, ready for a fresh delivery.
Copying Individual Poll Questions
If you're just looking to reuse a single poll question, you can always copy and paste polls between sessions. The best way to do this from the Unit screen is to:
- Click VIEW on the relevant session and navigate to the polls tab
- Click the three dot overflow menu on the poll you'd like to copy.
- Click "Copy to Clipboard" from the menu.
- Click back and then click VIEW on the session you'd like to copy the poll to.
- Navigate to the "Polls" tab and click the "+ New Poll" button.
- Paste (
Von MacOS) to "paste" the poll into the first text box of the new poll.
Doing this will automatically fill in all the fields in the new poll based on what you copied.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Send us an email at email@example.com