In the Classroom
Participant groups allow you to deliver sessions to multiple groups of people - whether that's different lecture streams, tutorial classes, lab sessions, seminars or conference audiences. By default, you will already have a default group for your Unit however you can add others as needed.
1. To create a participant group
- Click "Participants" from the Unit page.
- Click the pink plus button in the top right.
- Provide a name (e.g. "Monday Students")
2. Add participants
There's a few different ways to add participants to a group.
The easiest way is to allow your participants to join using the join link (e.g. flux.qa/ABC123). You can find this link by starting a session or by clicking the group name on the Participants page.
Finally, if you'd like to manually upload a list of participants:
- Use Excel or Google Sheets to create a file containing columns with email, first name, last name and team names for each of your students. Make sure to save this file as a "CSV file".
- Click the group name you'd like to add participants to.
- Click the pink button in the top right that says "Upload CSV"
- Follow the prompts to upload your CSV.
If you'd like to have more control over who can join a group, you can click the icon to the right of the group name to set "participant access".
Can't find what you're looking for?
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org